Sunday, February 13, 2011

WEEK 1: Course Introduction

In our first week of EME 2040: Introduction to Educational Technology, we discussed the "syllabus and other important introductory information including logging on to the blended learning environment". Week 1 consisted of confirming our email addresses, discussing course information,  and updating our Moodle profiles with pictures. Additionally we were required to purchase a 1Gb flash drive, and create a gmail account.
Flash Drive
As a Telecommunications major, I transfer data between multiple computers on a daily basis. Having a flash drive and gmail account that allow me to transfer data is crucial to my education and to my career. Both the email address and flash drive I owned before I began this course because they are so necessary for my day to day work.
Gmail Account
I chose two online resources for this blog entry as there were not many specific topics covered in the first week, but rather broad concepts. The first link is to a flash drive I found on amazon.com. This link illustrates the inverse relationship between flash drive capacity and price. In recent years, flash drives have become increasingly more popular with their increased size and decreased price, illustrating the rise in data sharing through these portable drives. The second link is to gmail, representing the site where we are required to make accounts for this class. Gmail has come a long way over the past several years. Originally it was offered as an invitation-only Beta test with limited features and a limited storage capacity. Today Gmail is available to any one and everyone without the hassle of invitations.

No comments:

Post a Comment